View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 00:26

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 381/239.8/160 Male 5 ft 6.25 inches
BF:61%/38.4%/25.6%
Progress: 64%

Cool, Suze! I hadn't even finished my post, and you have already responded. I tried to submit it to edit it later, but time ran out!!! I wish that I had measured more areas when I started, but the sheet that I had only listed six areas: Chest, waist, hips, abdomen, left arm, and left leg.

I will continue.

...I gained a little, but when I couldn't find work and times got tough, I got depressed, broke, and I started gaining a lot. I got up to 356. I then started learning about protein and ephedra and started losing. I got down to 290, but got frustrated and broke and couldn't afford it anymore. Times got better, but instead of trying to lose, I spent time eating buffets. By the beginning of this year, I reached 380.

I decided to try Body Solutions. After two months, I lost 14 pounds. I was frustrated that it was taking so long. I remembered my prior successes with protein supplements, so I started adding protein shakes to Body Solutions. That was working. I started cutting carbs, not really knowing what I was doing. I lost 31. It felt like this time was different - that I would be able to lose the weight. I went back to Canada for a long weekend and a wedding. I came back, and found, even though I thought I didn't stray too much (in retrospect, I did), I had gained eight pounds. I knew I had been on the right track, but I also knew that I needed to understand what to eat better.

The night I got back, I talked to my friend Bob. Bob had been doing Herbalife, a plan that I have seen a lot of people here dismissing, and I can completely understand why... but it works! A few days later, after I was able to lose a pound on my own, Bob introduced me to the Herbalife Gold Plan, a low-carb diet with meal replacements and supplements. I realized then that I needed not just to cut down on carbs - I needed to eliminate them. I needed to commit to the low-carb WOE completely.

I went on the Herbalife Gold Plan 6/29/2002, which closest relative is probably Protein Power, and my results have been nothing less than spectacular. About 2 1/2 weeks after committing completely to this WOE, I signed up at Gold's Gym and got a personal trainer. Since starting on 6/29, I have lost an additional 71 pounds!!! That makes my total weight loss 95 pounds!!!

As readers of my journal can see, I have been able to consistently lose about 5 pounds per week since I started working out. My workouts push me to the physical limit. I do roughly a 50/50 split between circuit training and cardio (treadmill, and, most recently, elliptical machine), and my workouts currently last for about 2 hours, 4 days per week (I started 3). Many of my prior health problems, including asthma, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, and candida, are either greatly improved or gone. I feel better than I have felt in years. I know my metabolism is faster than it's ever been. And, since 6/29, other than occasionally having a few carrots that were mixed with other vegetables and accidentally eating snow peas once, I have not cheated once.

I will post more here. I will especially talk about my diligence and determination in getting this done, once and for all, because I believe a lot could learn from me. For now, if you want to read more, please read my journal, which goes into my story in a lot more detail. I expect to wake up in a few hours and find myself another pound lighter. At my current pace, I should reach 100 pounds lost by Monday. If I don't, that's ok, because I will get there a day or two later.

To see pictures of me and my progress chart, go to:

http://www.brianmeloche.com

I'd love to go into more detail about my story now, but I need to get to bed!