#368   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 04:10
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hi Jen!

Yes, most definitely a form issue on squats. I think now, it might be a relatively weaker lower/mid back. I'm working on accessory exercises for that, but it's slow going. When I went to a gym last May in the States, I was playing around with plate loaded leg presses, and the hack sled, etc. I have VERY strong legs, and was able to impress my brother with the weights I was able to push. However, you translate that into an upright squat, and I fail.

No power cage yet, and it figures! Now that I have the funds and the agreement of my husband, I can't find a decent one. Either a plain squat rack with no safety bars, or a mega huge industrial sized one that would barely fit in my living room, much less my exercise room, haha. Plus, that one is $$$$.

I'm still looking, though, and haven't ruled out getting one custom made.

"Cheater Chins".... Getting yourself to the top position anyway you can (usually by jumping up), holding for a beat, and slowly lowering yourself. So doing the eccentrics, essentially. However, I feel more work in my lats doing these supine pullups. Emily said it probably has to do with leverages, and I think she's right. I'll probably get better use of chins when I lose another 20#, ha!