View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 11:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Rash!

Does anyone have any suggestions about a rash I have on two fingers of my right hand? I though it was eczema (had that once before) and used the prescription cream I had, but it did not do anything! This does not itch at all like the eczema I had before -- it burns. I think it's an allergic reaction to something, but I don't know what! It got so bad that the skin was cracking and inflamed -- I think it was getting infected -- and quite painful. I opened a vitamin E capsule and poured it on, slathered on some anti-biotic ointment, wrapped it up in band-aids, and kept it dry for the past 2 days. It appears to be healing, but I did this before and it got better, but as soon as I got it wet again, it got worse.

I could see a dermatologist, but would prefer to clear it up on my own if I can. I might be allergic to soaps, as washing my hands definitely makes it worse. Maybe I should change to a new soap (but I would have to carry it with me -- I'm seldom home). I don't think it's food-related -- I rarely eat eggs, milk, cheese, etc.; and I never eat wheat or grains. I even tried discontinuing my vitamins for a while to see if it helped, but it did not.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate your help.
Sponsored Links