View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 06:55

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default An excellent article.... (and an update on my progress)

I found this link on the BFL board, the article is intended for BFLers but there is a section included about how the body gains and loses fat. It is amust read for anyone who is working out but struggling to lose weight.

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/#inside

I posted alot of this info in another thread here but i will rehash it incase people didnt happen to read that post.

I have been on CKD for 5 1/2 weeks now. I am very happy with the progress of my workouts. I am getting stronger, my cardio endurance is increasing too. BUT i am not seeing the weight loss that i had hoped for. I have dropped 10 pounds in 5 weeks with most of that being in the first 2 weeks. My measurements have not changed significantly in that time frame either. I dont have fat calipers so i cant check it accurately. I was starting to second guess this plan and its effectiveness for me. I was starting to think of ways to change it - like only carb loading every two weeks.

Then i happened upon the link to that article on the BFL board. I read the section about how the body stores and uses fat. The author described me perfectly. I bust my butt in the gym, stick to my diet plan but am not seeing results. Things that I have noticed are that my arms and legs are much more "solid" than when i started and i am experiencing the "jelly belly". Sure the kids think it is neat but i didnt unitl i realized that it was a good thing.

That article gave me a new outlook on my progress, and has given me renewed enthusiasm. He says that it may take people 5 weeks or more to see results. Interstingly enough this is my 6th week of CKD and so far this week i have dropped 4 pounds - my best week by far. Hopefully this signals that i have turned the corner and i am going to see improved results as long as i stick to my plans.

For anyone have problems losing weight please keep your chin up and read that article, hopefully it can help you too.
Sponsored Links