#12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 14:28

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristine
[B] if you can honestly treat yourself, *not* feel like crap afterward, and *not* binge, there's little problem. More power to you. But you would be very, very unique and I'd want to know your secret. /B]

I treat myself and I don't binge, feel remorse, feel crappy or anything else except a bit of unavoidable bloat. I don't think I'm unique. Maybe it's a factor of carb addiction ? I registered pretty low on the Eades test.

The only bad thing about treating myself is it's like skipping class. Once you get over that psychological block of the first "cheat", then it becomes too easy to do and rationalize away.

Friday I had already decided I was going to cheat, since it was a night out with the girls. Since I knew I was going to cheat that evening, when confronted with a menu choice for lunch, I decided to choose a steak and fries. I rationalized to myself, well I'm cheating tonight so might as well cheat now too. Then 2 days later I was at a store where they sell hot cinnamon buns. The smell has always made it hard for me to resist and that day I barely even tried. I gave in and ate one. Then today, a co-worker was passing around some home made cake and who can say no to that ? So I had a piece.

So one planned cheat turned into another and another and another. So whereas I didn't binge, that treat opened up a crack in my resolve and now the whole thing seems to be weakening.

I think that's the danger of treating yourself.