View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 10:08

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default I'm SO DEPRESSED

Hi everyone. I just got this new job, it's retail, boring and 40 hours a week of my life for only 50 cents above minimum wage.
I HATE it and it is starting to get me really depressed, I haven't even been there for a full 2 weeks yet. I was thinking about switching jobs, but the other job offer I got was for less hours AND less money....
I just don't know what to do. I can't live my life being depressed, I have a serious problem with depression, but when I can keep myself away from things that trigger my depression I am usually pretty sane and happy.
I am thinking of asking for less hours, but I am afraid the manager will get angry or know how much I hate the job and fire me or something... I need the money, but honestly, not at the expense of my sanity. I feel like I should ask for less hours, and then start looking for another job, or start my own business again. I am much happier working for myself.
Please give me your adivce. I have lost nearly 50 pounds in the past year, but I had gained all of that weight BECASUE I WAS SEVERELY DEPRESSED. I CANNOT allow myself to fall back into a depression again, it isn't healthy for my mind or my body. I dread getting out of bed in the morning, partly becasue the weather is changing and it is cold outside...but mostly becasue I dread being at that lame job for 8 hours.
I know people probably think I'm just a complainer, but what would you do? I can get by on less money, but it will be difficult. I honestly didn't even want to accept the job, but it was full time and I needed to replace my seasonal job that had just ended.
Please, get back to me with your advice, I really appreciate it. HUGS to all
Marie
Sponsored Links