View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 22:24

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Exclamation Potassium warning!

I've seen a lot of posts on here relating to taking potassium supplements. This is not a supplement that should be taken without special warnings!

Too much potassium, as well as too little, can be very dangerous! Normally the body gets what it needs from the food we eat....even on LC diets! The body is usually very good at regulating the amount of potassium in your blood! Low potassium is most likely seen with excessive vomiting, diarrhea.

Symptoms of low potassium: You may have muscle cramps, feel weak or thirsty, and urinate a lot. When your potassium is low, it can change the way your heart beats, such as skipped beats. This can be very dangerous. (from Healthscout.com)

Symptoms of high potassium: paralysis; numbness or tingling in the hands, arms, legs, or feet; an irregular heartbeat; low blood pressure (dizziness, confusion, weakness, fatigue); seizures; coma; and heart attack . (from Healthscout.com)

If you suspect your potassium is to low, please consult your physician before taking supplements!

I was suprised to see potassium supplements on the market! I always thought it was by prescription only!

Please be careful, this is not a supplement you want to play around with!
Sponsored Links