View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 12:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hiya! Hope you're feeling better. Here's my MO when I'm sick, and it works nicely:
<ul>
<li>chicken or beef broth, and other LC soups. Live on soup for a few days.
<li>tea
<li>at nighttime, make a Hot Toddy: tea + some lemon extract or juice + a touch of splenda + a shot of whiskey. Clears your sinuses and helps you sleep.
<li>coffee - the little energy boost feels good.
<li>cooked veggies
<li>garlic. Swallow it raw in small chuncks, like pills. It's gross, but it works.
<li>echinaceae. Be sure it's the 1000 mg stuff.
<li>Buckley's Mixture, if it's available in your area. It, too, is gross, but works. Avoid other medications if you can - it's best to let your body do it's thing and get rid of the bugs.
<li>Rest, and don't exercise. Exercise stresses your immune system. You can get back to your workouts once you're better.
</ul>

I suggest trying to stay LC, even if you don't feel like having a lot of fat or protein. Bacteria love sugar, and by keeping it LC, you're helping your body fight throat and lung infections that can hit you during or right after a cold or flu virus. I had bad asthma when I was a kid. Even though I've pretty much outgrown it, the lung damage is permanant, and every time I get sick, I get very bad bronchitis that takes forever to go away. But since LCing, guess what? No bronchitis. My colds have disappeared within 48 hours. Hmmm.