#3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 11:24

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug H
J- of course you know that all kinds of things can cause fatigue, such as the stress of getting burglarized. For years my pattern has been - stress out=hunger =junk out. Maybe you too?
You are still working out a lot, right?

Yeah... I think you're point is more than a possibility, and perhaps more of a probability. I think also the stress and resulting fatigue/aka stress-depression has made things 100% worse, but I think diet-lag has been a problem, too. I stayed on Atkins induction (20g carbs a day) for way too long (months) before upping them, then switching to CKD. I've read an awful lot on depression and dieting---associated mostly with EFFA's. Interesting topic. I've not taken any EFFA's (not enough fish in my diet, for sure, too!) for a couple of months due to the cost. THe ones I was taking (Atkins) was $17.99/bottle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug H
I'm also starting to watch the kcals and overall ratios a lot more than just carb grams.

Yes, I do keep tabs on that, which is why I chose the 12 cals/lb/day on the CKD parameters chart. The first week when I used a higher calorie column on that chart every day, I swear I felt like a million bucks that week! I misread the chart---had no clue how to use it, then changed it the following week when someone pointed it out to me that I'd misread it. At that point things began to change.

Anyway, today I feel WAY fatigued! I JUST came off my carb up, and granted I didn't meet the 350g requirement yesterday, but STILL----I took in a lot of carbs all the same and haven't worked out yet. In fact, I'm getting ready to go to the gym for cardio and I'm praying I make it through that 20MAS. I don't think I'm supposed to feel like this after a carb up.

I'm going to splurge and get more of the EFFA supplements today and see if that helps. I'm sure it will take a lot of time, though, for me to see any results. I also used to eat a lot more tuna, but the sodium content had me concerned, so I stopped doing that....about two to three months ago.

Thanks Doug for the advice. I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, are you the same Doug H. that posts on Lyle's board?????