View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 10:18

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Angel. It is typical for many to lose a "bunch" of weight during the first two weeks of any diet. It's called water weight--it's actually stored glycogen. Many people also do not lose the water weight.

Be happy that you are dropping this weight, but don't expect the results to continue.

During my first two weeks, I dropped 11 pounds. I count most of this toward water weight loss. Since then, I have dropped an additional 21 pounds on the scale, but I have gained so much lean muscle mass, that I figure my actual fat reduction is somewhere around 30 pounds. I base this largely on my smaller girth.

The best thing you can do is watch your measurements. Don't focus on the amount on your scale as it will go up and down a lot and has very little to do with you actual progress except over the long run. And most importantly focus on how you feel.

If you can handle seeing it go up and down as much as 10 pounds day to day, then go ahead and weigh yourself. But many people find this too disconcerting and so only weigh once a week or even just once a month.

BTW: Welcome to TSP! It's the best plan out there, IMHO. I think you'll love it.

;-Deb