View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 08:56

Plan: wholesome foods
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 64%
Default Thanks for all the responses!!

Ok. I am 31 now, so I realize that in the thirties our metabolism slows a bit. I took this into account and discussed this with my doctor. I feel as much as I exercise and what I have been eating I should not be seeing a rise in the scale.

These past 2 weeks I have been very, very strict with my diet. Yes, I know that my calories are low, I was doing this for a couple weeks to get myself back on track and kill my carb cravings. Well it worked with the cravings. I am trying to be patient.

B-2 eggs w\2 tablespoon mayo, 1 lg. coffee w\ 3 splenda
L- same thing as breakfast, but no coffee (remember this has just been for 2 weeks), sometimes a piece of celery or two.

If I get hungry before dinner I have a piece of my firm tofu (1 net carb)w\veggie cheese (1 carb)

Dinner is veggies in olive oil or butter (broccoli, zuch., or cauliflower) with protein (chick, or salmon) and usually a side salad with ranch dressing (on side). Salad I usually put cucumber and romaine together. Sometimes I sprinkle some feta or cheese crumbles on it.

Once a week I am throwing a bit more calories in for one day. I measure out a portion of raw almonds (1\4 cup is a portion) and I might have an ounce of cheese. I am measuring to make sure I don't go overboard. It just stinks being so, so strict and nothing is happening. I am at my wits end.

I cut out all alcohol during the week, but continue to have my 2 glasses of vino on Saturday. Prior to a couple weeks ago I was consuming 2-3 glasses per day. Is it possible that this caused the slow increase in weight? Could I possibley have to wait about a year to take it off, since it creeped on in about that time? I am just processing everything, and trying to come up with solutions. In the past cutting out that alcohol alone would've caused me to loose. I just don't get it

I drink about 120-150 ounces of water a day. I workout at least a half hour every day, usually more. My cardio consists of kickboxing, running, or interval training with light weights\cardio combined. I usually follow my cardio with at least 1\2 hour of yoga. Exercise is nothing new to me I have been an avid exerciser since I was 19 years old, so 12 years now. Would my muscles still hold onto so much water?

I never weigh myself. I usually measure with a pair of jeans. I need to buy a tape measure to take exact measurements I suppose. Yesterday at the doctor's my weight came in at 140 lbs. I have never weighed this, but as I stated I don't let the dr.s scale get me down, but I will say 3 months ago I weighed 133 there. Granted it was summer time, and I hadn't guzzled 50 ounces of water before, as I did yesterday. Trust me I am taking all these things into account.

I was kind of irritated that she waited on the tests. I mean what could it hurt? I think she wanted me to continue playing around with my diet to see if I am doing something wrong and I think she really thinks that it's gonna fix itself. I am not so sure. Plus i think she is trying to track (fif that makes sense) the upward movement. She also said it's "that time of the year" when our bodies want to hold onto weight. I have never gained in the winter, as ridiculous as this sounds.

Well, again, thank you so much for all your responses, advice, suggestions, etc. Everyone is so helpful