#8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 00:29

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy29
I have gained 6 pounds in 3 months. My doctor is having me come back in another 3 months to run some blood work. She wants my throid checked. She said it could be the pill making me gain, or it could be my throid. We evaluated my diet and even with my occassional overeating she said overall my diet is great and with all the working out I do, I shouldn't be gaining. So over the next couple months, if I continue to gain she will check my thyroid then possibly switch my pill up. I was kind of mad she didn't just take the blood work then...I mean what could it hurt, right?

She did confirm that I have grown an inch over the past couple years. She is baffled by this and has no explanation. Well it makes the total 16 pound weight gain a bit more bearable. I usually can always tell when I gain...this past 6 pounds threw me for a loop though. I had no idea. Any suggestions or thought would be SOOOO appreciated right now, since i am beyond bummed.

I refuse to change my stats now because i am not entirely confident in scales (hence why i don't weight myself ever), especially the dr.s scales. They are evil.

Reading this made me think of two things. There was a recent thread discussing how one low carber grew taller while low carbing and everyone said that was unlikelyu. Perhaps is IS likely. The other thing, if you are exercising, you are more likely to gain due to the heavier muscle mass. This new muscle will also retain water for nourishment. Taking these things into consideration probably explains your gain. You should be measuring, that is where true loss can be determined.