#9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 225/222/190 Male 6 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

A few notes on Michy Ultra:
I've been drinking it since it came out on the market, but not often. Here is what I've found.
1) It is true that there are very few carbs in ultra, but remember! Alcohol also works as an insulin stimulator, so not only are you getting the carbs, but the alcohol also. This IS a double whammy. I am not saying don't drink it. If you are like me, you like to have some beer now and then.
2) to combat those carb and alcohol woes. The first night I had ultra, I drank 10 of the suckers after not having alcohol for 3 weeks, wow are you right, I was one sloshed puppy. But, afterwards I drank a ton of water. The next day I knew things were not right. I was not hungover but I felt the hunger I had not felt in weeks, and my system knew I had done something bad. I took my vitamins and cut down my carbs more then normal. A normal day I eat 30-40 carbs. Now, a day after drinking I drop down to 20. It helps big time. Usually the next day my body is feeling good again.

In short. Go Michy for giving us Ultra and letting us low carbers have some fun once and a while. But be wary my friends, because it CAN stall you, and CAN make you gain weight. Moderation is the key to sucsess as always.

Good luck, and yes Michy ultra is great tasting too!
-Chad