View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 19:26

Plan: CKD/Bodyopus
Stats: 290/250/220
BF:(265)34%/29%/15%
Progress: 57%

why no depletion workout and what are you doing in place of it?

If you arent fully depleteing the glycogen, then the idea of the standard CKD carb up goes to waste. If you still have muscle glycogen then all the carbs you eat during the carb up wont be rushed right to the muscles for superrecompensation and you will get spill over. The whole crux of CKD, maintaing or gaining muscle while losing fat is entirely dependant on you not having carbs, depleting muscle glycogen, then restoring it.

you may not follow Duchaines depletion workout but are you doing something to deplete the muscles glycogen?

I do an HST routine, full body 3 times a week, and on my carb up days I would go through my normal HST routine, then do 2-3 cycles of light weights, 15-20 reps till I couldnt stand. It wasnt duchaines depletion workout but it had the same effect.

back onto carb up no-nos. Anythign fructose or sucrose is usually not preffered except maybe pre depletion workout(assuming you do one hehe) Liquid carbs high GI the first couple meals then switch to lower GI foods by the end. Duchaine says you need to eat every 2 hours but I've read that it makes no differnce, so dont wake up every 2 hours to eat, just have a big carb meal before bed. no fat, very little fat, 70% carbs 15% protien 15% fat. I didnt stick to that my first few carb ups and I didnt have a good one till I did it right.

thats alls I can say