Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 09:33

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: Encouragement needed.....

Quote:
Originally posted by joanneb
it's my second day and I still haven't shifted an ounce.

Or should I just be a little more patient?

Hi there Joanne.....

My answer to your question? No, you should not be "just a little more patient". You need to be a LOT more patient. One of the most important rules of LCing is consistency. If you approach the plan with the idea that it's a quick weight loss method, you are most likely doomed to failure. If you approach it with the idea that it's a new way of eating that has the potential to keep you slim for life, then you have a very good expectation of success.

You say that you want the weight off for Christmas, and though you may not have the whole amount off by then, your patience and perseverance will reward you with the exactly right loss for your body and metabolism.

If you read the beginning of my journal, you'll see that though I had a bit of a rocky beginning, with the help and encouragement of forum members, as well as a commitment to myself, I was able to push past the obstacles and come out a loser!

Start and keep a journal here. I know that it will give you a place to ask your questions, record your menus, feelings and challenges and get information and encouragement from other forum members.

I wish you every LC success.

Marlaine