Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5 FT, 4 IN.
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default How about 1 nice meal?

Hi there-
I have treated myself to a non-low carb meal every now and then when the occasion arises. It doesn't seem to do any major damage or trigger ugly cravings (at least with me). I generally follow Atkins pretty closely but for an hour or two I guess I rationalize it by saying "well, some plans allow you a higher carb meal daily" (and please excuse me if I am misinformed about other plans - I think CAD lets you have a higher carb count?). Anyway, I don't take it as license to eat everything that I have been missing for the last few months but a little indulgence seems to go a long way for me. As others have stated, when I am done eating whatever it is I am treating myself to, I usually think that it wasn't quite as good as I thought it was going to be (those memories of yummy yet bad high carb food still linger). Maybe if you guys try a few hours of usually off limits food, you'd find that it would be enough. I would go right back to plan the next day before you get out of the habit - and I do think a lot of sticking with this WOE is habit...good luck!
Karen