View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 22:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/140/130
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default New to CFS and LC

I'm new to CFS and low carbing. Boy am I excited to see a forum just for CFS. I was diagnosed with CFS about 6 months ago. I started Atkins because I had hoped it would help me feel better. So far I've had disappointing results, sort of.

I have been on induction for 6 weeks now (man does time fly!), I don't have much of a problem with eating this way, I'm not a big eater anyway. My biggest problem was that I felt like I was eating too much. I felt stuffed all the time. I used to only eat once a day, at dinner. Never snacked much and dislike most sweets though cheesecake and ice cream are my weaknesses. I have a hard time getting the carbs count up to 20 some days.

I started at 144 and lost 4 pounds that first week but I've been fluxuating between 144 and 140 ever since. I'd like to lose the after baby belly but it isn't happening. I know I need exercise but with the CFS I can't seem to do it.

I have not gotten that energy burst that I keep hearing about, I wish I did feel better for a week or so but the CFS seems to have come back full force this week, I'm sooo tired! I need more energy, I have a 3 and 4 year old, I can't keep sleeping all day. Plus, this week has been a PMS type week with the mood swings.

So, what can I do? I'm taking a multi-vitamin, boitin, potassium, magnessium, One-A-Day Energy formula, fish oil and chromium picoliate. But, I don't know if I'm taking the right dosages, I'm only taking one a day of each. I get leg cramps every day, I know I'm supposed to take the potassium for them but the pills upset my stomach so I started taking ¼ teaspoon of Morton Lite salt instead.

I'm disappointed, mainly because I had high hopes for a miracle cure, I know, no such thing, but there's always hope, right? Anyway, I haven't felt a whole lot of difference since starting LC and I really want this to work, not a cure but a help.
Sponsored Links