View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/168/145
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hot Fudge Cake

One of my favorite desserts that I want to convert to low carb and I am wondering if you think these changes will work and want your suggestions if you don't think they will work. I'm going to actually attempt to do a low carb version this weekend.

Hot Fudge Cake

1/2 cup ground flaxseed and 1/2 cup almond meal (the original recipe called for 1 cup flour)
3/4 cup Splenda
6 Tablespoons cocoa, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 tesapoon salt
1/2 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Brown Sugar Twin
1-3/4 cups hot water

Combine flaxseed, almond meal, Splenda, 2 Tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the half and half and vanilla until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Combine Brown Sugar Twin and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all: do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.

This makes a cake layer on top and a chocolate syrup on the bottom. I am serving it with whipped cream.

The original recipe called for 1 cup flour as I indicated in the ingredients above and also called for 2 Tablespoons oil. Since I am using flaxseed as an ingredient, I thougt it best to leave out the oil altogether since flaxseed has a natural oil in them.

Do you think the ground flaxseed and ground almonds will work or do you have a better suggestion for me to try on my first attempt at recreating this dessert?
Sponsored Links