View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 16:22

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Question Finding appropriate number of carbs for successful workouts

Hi, all. I had a weird carb load last week that, strangely, resulted in two pounds lost, and a 1/2 in off my waist and another 1/2 in off my thighs (only places I measure).

Now, my carb load was "off schedule" and happened earlier in the week (birthday carb load LOL), but 4 days later I lost those pounds and inches----well, they chose that particular time frame to come off anyway. Now the drawback has been that I began totally dragging booty about 3-4 days after, and I mean BAD. AND, I began having EXCESSIVE hunger even though ketosis had kicked in full swing. I'm still hungry, and I upped my carbs today because the fatigue nearly ruined my cardio today, and I KNOW I wont EVEN make it through lower body and depletion tomorrow (btw, I do BFL, so I do that part of the body first, then the other part of the body depletion style right after).

Here's how it went down:

Wed: had sliver of birthday cake and ice-cream
Thurs: same

Both days I also ate "normal" low carb, but kept the carbs between 5-15g or so, with most of the time it being closer to 5-7g.

Results: Weight loss/inch loss
Drawbacks: SERIOUS fatigue and HUNGER that will not stop no matter what!!!

How do I go about finding the right number of carbs to allow me to lose weight, yet give me enough energy to get through my workouts, AND not have these INSANE hunger episodes!!!

Today I've eaten more---on purpose, to try and stop a potential binge from coming on and to ensure that I can do my workout tomorrow. I've had 1 Atkins LC muffin w/breakfast, same with lunch, and a snack when I felt like I was going to lose it and pull a chair up to the fridge.

This is SO messed up. BTW, I'm also trying to hold out carb loading until tomorrow so I can be back on the normal schedule again.

Help!! LOL I'm still hungry as heck and the meat and fat wasn't cutting it. WHERE do I begin with those carbs so it's not like this? I mean, I can handle a little fatigue, but this was more like not eating or sleeping for days then trying to workout hard----at least that's what it felt like (I didn't enjoy it at all).

Thanks...and sorry so long.
Sponsored Links