Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I wonder if resistant wheat starch would work? Its a starch that passes through undigested. I don't eat wheat but I do have have resistant corn starch and it actually acts a lot like corn starch does. You can get these things at Honeyville Grains (google should find them).

I haven't had a chance to trial the resistant wheat or corn starch yet, personally, though I recall somewhere in the back of my brain that NulloModo may have done this testing some time ago, (posted) either on AtkinsAllTheWay or AtkinsDietBulletinBoard (or maybe LowCarbFriends? I get SO confused these days! ) and that the resistant starches lose their thickening/"gelatinization" along with their digestibility...

I can verify, however, that the Carbalose flour works really well! I whipped up a Chicken Pot Pie the other day (just had that winterfood hankering ), used the Carbalose {for the first time, btw} to thicken the veg and meat and then topped the whole thing with a drop biscuit mix whipped up with the Carbquik. What a yummy fast comfort food meal!