View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 12:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/273/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Talking

This thread looks like the right spot for me. This is really my second go-around on Atkins. The first time, I was on it for a month and had lost 30lbs. But after the second week, my hip joint was hurting so bad that I was nearly in tears just trying to lift my leg up into my van. I stuck it out till the end of the month but the pain kept increasing. I was told that it was the low-carbing that was causing it because of the increase of uric-acid. So I quit low carbing and within two weeks, the hip pain was gone. I've spent this past year trying every diet I could think of. Gained all of the weight back and then some. I returned to Atkins 11 days ago because this is truly the only WOE that has garnered me any success, but wouldn't ya know, the hip pain started three days ago in the other hip, and I also have joint pain in my left thumb. I see that this thread was started back in August, so my question is: anyone who has tried the fish oil capsules... has it worked well for you? And are their any other supplements you would recommend? What I'm taking right now:
Daily Multivitamin
Folic acid supplement with B 6, 2, 12, and Choline
and Potassium and Magnesium
Thanks in advance!
Teia