View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 10:31

Plan: south beach
Stats: 230/225/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I am sooo happy I opened this thread up!! I have been reading through the forums here and at ~~~~~ for days now and was very confused. This kinda of cleared things up a little more for me. Can I trouble you guys and tell you what my CKD diet (or version of) will consist of and maybe you can critique it???
Well before I begin here are my stats... I am a 31 yr old female standing ~ 5'8" and 225 lbs (YUCK).
I would really love to lose fat and tone. I have the food breakdown's - down ( I think). per the calculator on ckd on my carb up days I should take in 2955 carb cals the first 24hrs and 1773 the second. On my keto days I should take in 2700 calories ( now this is based on 12cals/lb/day calculation). Isn't that high? wouldn't that just maintain the weight I am at currently? Should change the calculator to show the numbers to me on 10cals/lb/day?
My other confusion is the working out. I joined a gym about 3 weeks ago and I am proud to say I have been going everyday (only cardio workouts - because I am clueless and intimidated when it comes weight training!) Also I can only work out in the mornings..and I am more comfortable working out on an empty stomach..( i wouldn't be able to go to gym mornings AND afternoons. - I can go earlier in the morning to have more time tho... see I am not trying to make any excuses )
BUT I do want to follow this diet and excercise correctly...would this be ok for my work out scedule? :
Well being that I would like to do depletion on Sat and begin carb up on Sat it would go like this:

Monday AM; Intensed Cardio on empty stomach w/ fat burner - to get back into ketosis. Chest, Upper-Back, shoulders, arms, traps, abs - also in AM ( Isn't there something else I can take that will help me too? like flaxseed oil?)

Tuesday AM: 30 min cardio morning/ workout: Legs, (includes, calfs, hams,quads), lower-back (once I am done with cardio should I eat something for weight training?

Wednesday AM: 45 min cardio morning

Thursday AM : 45 min cardio morning

Friday AM: 45 min cardio morning

Saturday: before carb-up…early in AM do a full body circuit workout 3-5 times (very light 20-25reps), then IMMEDIATELY begin CARB-UP.

Sunday: Carb up - Lo GI NO exercise.

Does this sound ok? Can start the weight trainging on the weight machines on the gym? And when only doing upper body or lower body.. how many reps should I be doing??
Also should it be light weights? i don't really want to bulk up.

I really look forward to your replies...thanks so much.

OH one more thing...I am starting the low carb thing today Wednesday Nov. 30th so I won't start the carb up until Sat. December 10th is that right??

Sorry for the long descriptions and all of the questions.

Thanks Again!