View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 19:17

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default The day started well, but

Up until dinner, I was doing great ... about 8 carbs and less than 1000 cals. Then, my sons and I went out to the local chicken restaurant (St. Hubert's). I did well by saying no to the dipping sauce and ordering a caesar salad (no croutons) instead of fries or rice or whatever. But after that, I didn't do so well. Had 4 BBQ chicken wings as an appetizer (no sauce), and ordered chicken and ribs. So far so good, but then I had a small (less than 1/2 cup) serving of coleslaw (vinegar-type dressing) and a cappuccino to end it all. I was shocked when I entered my totals into Fitday ... I had eaten way more carbs and cals than I thought I had.

I think my problem was that it was almost 8:00 by the time we ate, and I was really hungry by then. At least my carb count was less than 30 for the day, but I've been trying to keep it at around 20.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day and a fresh start. And I'm not going to count this as a cheat because I didn't know that I was exceeding my carb count ... I thought that I would pretty close to 20 grams of carbs. To my mind, it's only a cheat if you knowingly exceed your planned limits.

Next time we're out, I won't order ribs or touch the coleslaw ... my counts would have been fine if I'd done that tonight.