View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 00:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Have you considered other things like not being a slave to carbohydrates any longer, or at least realizing you have a choice not to be a slave?

I can give you a bit of my own story...

I've been and LC'er for a bit over three years. The first 6 months seemed like a miracle to me. I had gone on a diet and lost weight! After that 6 months, things started to slow down for a whole bunch of reasons. I realized that becoming thinner was a frightening prospect because I would not have my fat protecting me. I recieved some news that kept me upset for over a year. I was recently divorced, had just bought a home and learning to stand on my feet again.

I realized that I had to do some internal work and not focus on the fat. The more I focussed on the fat, the more miserable I became. The more I travelled inward and started unearthing all the BS that I used to get fat in the first place, the freer I became. Somedays I was miserable with that too, but I had made progress so it seemed pretty stupid to turn back.

Some things became very important to me. Maintaining a peaceful enviroment that I could share with others, doing a bit of volunteer work, clearing the physical clutter out of my home and thanking my god everyday that I was alive and had free will. I could appreciate all that I had in my life. It was abundant and I didn't need anything or want it for a change.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is not to let things like numbers or scales be a measure of success. There may be thoughts, patterns and behaviors that you have to sort through first before more physical change is possible.

I don't know if I'm making any sense to you here, but it all made sense to me.

Karen