Old Sun, Nov-13-05, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 244/155/160 Female 68
BF:48/32/??
Progress: 106%
Smile Help!!!

Okay...where to begin?

I have lost 83 pounds over the last year. During my weight loss, I walked on a treadmill 5X a week, alternating walking 3.8 with a 2.0% incline and walking 2.8 with a 13.0% incline for 60 minutes. Now that I am roughly where I want to be fat-loss wise, I would like to start building some muscle.

The incline climbing on the treadmill has really helped my thighs and butt so I want to keep that up. However, I just bought 2 8lb. dumbbells and I would like to begin doing bicep curls, rows, lunges and squats and some shoulder presses. My question is, how do I incorporate all of this into a routine that maximizes the effects of these?

A few things I know...NOT to do cardio first, then weights. You can't build muscle while losing fat. You need to eat enough to fuel muscle repair after weight training. It is important to rest the muscle group you have worked that day for optimal muscle repair.

I am throwing myself at the altar of your expertise. I want to come up with a routine that incorporates muscle building AND cardio AND climbing on the treadmill AND to make sure my muscles get the proper amount of rest after. I want to work out every day, with one rest day per week.

Why can't I figure this out??? Any ideas? I would be most grateful as I really respect what the regulars on this forum have done with their bodies and I am so anxious to get started and work my way up to some serious training with free weights (I know...that will come later!)

Any help would be most appreciated!!! Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links