#9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 14:20

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by agonycat
I don't get upset when people "tweak" or "cheat" but being a moderator and having to answer questions from new people, it does get old trying to explain that "what they read on this board about so and so doing xyz" is not what they should be following per induction rules

Oh, I wasn't referring to you!! LOL... I can't say anything right today. I'm glad there are moderators on this board----WAY glad! I was on another un-moderated board, and man.. to this day it's a nightmare!!! Plus, the moderators here are SUCH a wealth of knowledge. You guys are MUCH appreciated.

And I totally see where you're coming from, which is why I tried to clear the air in bold print so it wouldn't be missed.

You're much more patient than I am. I want my health as soon as I can get it. No crash diets for me---no way Jose---but I'm not 21yrs old anymore and I've lost my mother to congestive heart failure, uncles to the same, and my sister will be next (she's over 300lbs). I don't have years to take off 20lbs. From the get-go Atkins never worked quite right for me, and after 6mos I realized that it just wasn't working for me the way it was. But I knew that LC'ing WOULD work as a whole. This is when I began reading CAD, PP and started researching CKD. I think I've found my niche, something that works for me---finally.

As for my experience on Atkins, it got to the point where not even inches were coming off, and I wasn't feeling good AT ALL. In fact, I felt like death warmed over until a friend of mine helped me do my first "carb up." Not one meal, but two days worth. I felt like someone switched my body with a 20yr old's!!! WHAT a difference! But, at the carb level I was at on Atkins (OWL) to make me feel "alive," I wasn't losing pounds OR inches either one.

Then, when I decided to start going back to the gym on top of all my dance practices, teaching dance, and performances... I knew Atkins wasn't going to work for me AT ALL. I got into BFL and loved the workout----but hate LF eating. So, I decided to combine the two (Atkins and BFL). Didn't work. After feeling EVEN worse than I had before, AND no inch loss at all, I decided that I needed something else entirely. So, CKD came in. I LOVE it, and it works for me! The inches are coming off like crazy now (last week was a total fluke----retaining tons of water from TOM, although I thought it was something else), and best of all---- I feel like a living, breathing human being again! And that definitely is half the battle of getting to the gym.

anyway, I've got tons of friends who are still on Atkins and doing great. And there are those who, like me, don't feel well on it and so moved onto something else. It's all good----and we do after all have to choose what's right for our own body and lifestyle.

Interesting discussion!!!

And again, I'm SO SO GLAD that you moderators are here!!! You have NO idea!

Have a good one!