View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 13:22

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Jalilah,

I don't mean any offense, and I appologize in advance if this seems a bit harsh, however you either do Atkin's or you don't. Atkin's does not allow "carb-up" days. If you are going to do CKD then go for it. If you are going to do Atkin's do that, but the two can not successfully be combined because what good you do on Atkin's during the week is totally blown on the weekends.

What you are doing is not Atkin's at all, and you could confuse a lot of new people by saying you are doing Atkin's but allowing binge weekends. That is basically what it comes down to isn't it?

Those of us doing Atkin's with BFL as our workout routine follow a pretty strict Atkin's diet, during the week including our aerobic days. Only on lift days do we increase our carb intake slightly.

On lift days I allow myself 80 carbs a day. Rest of the week including weekends is maintained at around 40. Without the added carbs on lift days it is almost impossible for me to finish the workout due to muscle fatigue.

As for supplements, I take a multi-pack and add in L-glut. That's it. I eat tons of fresh veggies and fruit during the week so the supplements are just that.

If you find Atkin's is too strict carb wise, take a look at Protein Power or CAD. Those two are a bit more flexible in the range of carb intake and how.

Janet