Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 20:23

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Default Hiatal Hernia

Quote:
Originally posted by DebPenny
That sounds to me like one more point for Tums too. And I just found sugar-free Tums. I know most of us stop having problems with reflux when low-carbing, but I am still having problems and it's probably because I have a hiatal (sp?) hernia. Things just keep gurgling up . But now with sugar-free Tums, I don't have to worry about needing to take it, especially since it's the only antacid that seems to help (that and Zantac at night).

Thanks, Atrsy!

;- Deb

Hi Deb,Have your seen a doctor about your reflux. It can be controlled these days. I took Zantec for years. I have no valve, yes, no valve at the top of my stomach. The only way to fix it is by breaking your ribs and going in surgically. UGGGHH. However, there is a new procedure done by arthroscopic surgery but it isn't perfect yet. My valve broke having a baby which is very coman. Ask your doctor for Nexium, best thing every happened to me. 1 in the morning on an empty stomach and that's it. I once had so much pain my friend took me to emerg thinking I was having a heart attack. Agony. Nexium is great. Good luck, Nancy