#3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 19:45

Plan: Veggie Low Carb
Stats: 155/155/115 Female 5'4"
BF:34%
Progress: 0%
Default sources of veggie fat

Hi there

Here are some good sources of fat (vegan)

--avocados (1 med. avocado has only 4 usable carbs)
--olives
--raw nuts and seeds (carb counts on these vary, so check USDA site)
--cold-pressed flax, hemp, coconut, and olive oils

I am new to the low carb lifestyle, but I really think it's the way to go. I used to be on a mostly vegan raw food diet. The diet was amazing compared to the regular processed grain vegetarian diet I was on before. However, after a while I became very sensitive to the ups and downs of sugar. I was eating quite a bit of high-GI foods like sweet and dried fruit. Because of so much insulin in my blood, I was never feeling satisfied and therefore overeating.

Going back to eating cooked and processed food didn't do me any good. I gained weight, my energy levels decreased, and more than ever I was a sugar addict. Now I know that instead of going back to processed grains I should have simply given up the sweet fruit and eaten more fat and protein. I LOVE avocados. Now I'll be able to eat them more :-)

If I include soy-based foods in my diet + raw cheese/butter in addition to eating the above sources of fat and lots of low-GI/low-carb veggies, I'll be able to reshape my body and feel good about myself again.

I look forward to communicating with any low-carb vegetarians out there.

Leti

PS: I have been working out with regularity (weights and cardio) during the past year. Results have been slow to come by thou, bcuz of my high-carb diet. I really think I've found a lifesaver in a low-carb way of life.