Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 17:15
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default this w/o/e for me

Quote:
I wish I could have only "legal" foods in my house but there are other people in the house that eat high carb foods.

My youngest son Brendan,has cerebral palsy, and has always been skinny. It was even investigated that I was starving him,when he was consuming anywhere from 3000-5000 calorues a DAY! Both doctors and dieticians alike had all these recommendations on foods to help him gain weight... included were VERY HIGH CARB and high sugar foods.Big no-no's for me, even when I wasn't following this LC w/o/e.It was made even harder in that I have to feed him these foods...talk about temptations!It was like the had this big platter of decadence and was handing it to me with a big ol' grin. I KNEW without a doubt, that those foods were not good for me... for my battle of the bulge(s). I kept his foods out of sight, those treats that were *illegal* for me, and made sure that I had plenty of alternatives.I even had to cook all the high calorie meals for him, and learned how to adapt so I would be able to eat them, and ate things before the high cal. stuff was added for him, or ate something else that meal, saving the leftovers for him for later.(This was before I met hubby,and it was just Bren & me.) I wasn't quite as strict on myself as I am now with Induction and this LC w/o/e. To me now, my success is riding on my following the LC way, and knowing that cheating per se would throw that process off, or make losing weight even longer is enough of a deterrent to not cheat. Hubby prepares 98% of the suppers here, and he is always fixing something that I can eat too, as I can always have the meat part of the meal,and since he loves cheese, I can eat that too~ I just forgo the side dishes that everyone else has, even KaeLyn,our 11 1/2 mo. old , we just grind up regular food for her for most meals,and let her feed herself on solid foods that she is able to finger feed with.
No one said it would be easy, to be in the same house with non-LC'ers, but I think that is a lame excuse for cheating... not to diss anyone or anything... there are just too many other things that one LC'ing CAN eat, to jeopardize the whole program. Hope no one takes offense at this post, as no offense was meant.