View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 14:59

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%
Default Sugar Cravings: How Do You Fight Them?

I have been doing the Insulin Resistance Diet for a while now and am having success with it. However while I have had no problems cutting out/ limiting rice, potatoes etc. I cannot seem to eliminate sugar. I actually am an addict. The author advises that sugar should be an occassional treat but that just doesn't work for me.

I give it up for like a week or a few days then I "reward" myself with a bar of choc and before I know it I want to have it all the time 24/7. I have been eating way too much cho lately as I was on holiday and today I tired to start detoxing but bf's family all went to an ice cream parlour. Was starving and craving even though I had high protein breakfast so had a chocolate milkshake. Afterwards I was so longing for more my hands were shaking and all I could think of was getting more choc and a McDonalds. When I went home my bf supplied me with the hidden choc he saves for when I am really desperate and I ate all 100g of it.

I realize I am an addict. I know I am out of control. If there was a sugar annonymous program I would join it instantly. I am addicted to sugar both physiologically and psychologically as I am an emotional eater. Today however was purely physiological.

Has anyone experienced this? What is the way out? How do I stay sugar free for life? What practical tips help ppl when they have a sugar craving?

Help!
Sponsored Links