View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 11:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't usually calorie count anymore, now that I'm pretty much settled into the habits, but I have days where I don't eat enough. The occasional day probably doesn't do any harm, but if I was a newbie trying to get by on 600 calories a day, thinking it was so great that I wasn't hungry, I would *not* be getting proper nutrition. I think it *is* important to keep an eye on calories at least until you're on the right track and making sure that your lack of hunger isn't due to dehydration, for example.

>>If you're hungry eat, and stop when satisfied...

Shark, I agree with you on this, but I think you underestimate how difficult this is for a lot of people. Many people, myself included, have used and abused food to the point where hunger loses its definition. It's tough for a lot of people to dissassociate real physical hunger from non-physical hunger cues like seeing ads on TV, smelling something cooking, etc. Disordered eaters have to learn to seperate hunger from boredom, loneliness, anger, anxiety... while learning, the numbers were pretty much all I had to go on.