View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%

Jlee - I tried Ketostix but they never told me anything. Whether I was losing or not the were just pale pink. Don't waste your $.

Thanks, Poofie, for confirming my view. You're just a little more eloquent that I, but you said what I feel! I think there's a lot that is still being learned about our bodies and how they work. All you have to do is listen to the news...seems like every year they come up with something that used to be bad is now good, and vice versa. All I know is low carb, low fat, low calorie just doesn't work for me. I'm 55 and I'm determined not to be chubby for the rest of my life. I really don't care what the scale says, but I want to fit into my clothes and I don't want a roll of fat around my belly! I'm willing to try something new instead of sticking with what seems to make sense but doesn't work. I'm very sensitive to anything that I think is just a scam, but I don't think low-carb is one of those. I also don't think what we know now is the last word. Even 5 years from know, I think we'll be surprised about new findings about weight, metabolism, etc.
Sponsored Links