View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 01:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%

Thank you for responding. I drink about 200 ounces of water a day. I watch my calories because I tend to eat A LOT because I am always hungry. I know that I am not eating too many carbs because I am doing the KISS version of LC. No dairy, fake foods, soda, etc.

I don't understand why I gained 7 pounds either, but it was there the next day and weeks later, I still have not lost all of it.

I have been looking at some weight loss charts from people on various Weight Watchers message boards and I notice that there are almost no stalls or plateaus even though there is rapid weight loss right from the beginning. I thought that we (on LC)had stalls because our body needed to catch up with our quick weight loss. But, the WW charts that I have looked at show steady loss without stalls. Why do you think that is?

Atkins is my first "diet" ever, so I don't know much about how it differs from other diets. I was surprised to find out how successful people seem to be on WW without all the quick weight gain and stalls.

I'm afraid to make the change now because I have a cruise in Novermber. After all the weight I gained from one day off-plan, I can't imagine how much I might gain if I started eating carbs again. It seems like there will need to be a long transitional period between going off LC and finally losing again on another plan. I have eaten nothing but sugar most of my life without gaining a pound, but now I gain a bunch overnight if I eat any of the food that I used to eat. This really confuses me. I could understand not losing any more if I went back to my old WOE, but why would I gain when I didn't gain when I was eating Ding-Dongs all day?

The thing is if I stay on Atkins, I won't even be able to have even one serving of the carb-laden goodies that are sure to be on the cruise because if I do, I will have to carry around 10 extra pounds for the rest of the cruise.

Thoughts and fear of food are suddenly ruling my life. I never really stressed about food before until I realized what happens if I put one wrong thing in my mouth. Now, I think about it constantly.

WOW! I do I sound as stressed out as I am? I want this WOE to work for me so badly. I just don't understand why certain things happen on this WOE and not on others. ARGH!!!

Thanks for listening to me ramble!