Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 13:43
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Question for anyone:
Does anyone get VERY ill from eating carbs/sugar? I don't mean the "I'm mad at myself" sick, but rather physically ill? I experience dizzyness, GI issues, sweating (like hot flashes), and then a HUGE crash... where I can't function. People ask if I have the flu, or check my forehead for fever, etc. This seems pretty extreme and can happen for even something simple like a couple sips of someones Margarita, or a 1/2 a donut. Then I just feel like a mac truck hit me. The more I eat containing sugar/carbs, or the faster acting on the glycemic index the longer it takes to recover. Just wondered if anyone else was/does experience this dramatic a reaction. Know carbs make me tired, lethargic, etc. when I ate them regularly-- but this seems like an extreme reaction. Thanks for any input anyone can give me!

I've noticed that on my weekend binges (which are usually filled with carby food), I literally make myself sick (like I could throw up) because of all the high carb/fat stuff. I also wake up the next morning with a horrible headache (like a hangover, almost), and have "flu-like" symptoms.

Wow, when I say it like that, it makes me wonder WHY I binge, when I KNOW I will feel like that the next day.