View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 19:52

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Default 250 isn't enough

I worked for an insurance co (BCBSMA) and unfortunately, the general rule is 500 for each breast! I agree it's not right, but ask your doc what size you'd be if she took that much!

Also, be aware that many insurance companies won't pay until they get the pathology report....and it specifies how much was taken! I've seen cases where the doc figured over 500, but then when the surgery was done it was under and the insurance co refused to pay!!!!!

Also, another route to go....embarassing, maybe, but it might work....is to call your HR person at work and find out what type of policy you have. If your company has what is called a "self assured" policy, they might be able to and willing to ask for a waiver for you! It happens more than people know....the employer doesn't advertise this because they don't want to be inundated with requests....but it does happen! The more symptoms, problems you have, the more likely they'll give a waiver....but some companies won't....no matter what!

250 really isn't very much! Are you sure weight loss won't help? it's really the best way to go....after all, there are risks involved with surgery!

Cindy