#6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Well I'm not

doing so well myself lately in eating low carb food. I can't say much for that reason, but there is one thing I've learned from other low carb dieters.

Usually the woman of the house is the one doing the grocery shopping. So why do you buy high carb foods? No one in the family NEEDS high carb foods (normally, in suze_c's case that may not be true). So why buy them? I can usually resist bread, so I may buy that for the family, but if I'm seriously low carbing I don't buy cookies or ice cream or any of the things that tempt me.

My kids don't need junk food, my husband should eat healther even if he is slim, so why have those things in the house to tempt you in the first place?

The most successful low carb dieter I know changed everyone in her family's way of eating. She even went so far as to put Splenda in the sugar bowls. She lost down to within 10 pounds of her goal in about 8 months. 80 pounds or more she lost and I always admired her success. I have noticed that fat tends to run in families. If you see a really fat woman and her really fat husband, chances are the kids are over fat too. Not always, but often. Why set your kids up for that? Sure it might be genetics, but all the more reason why you should get them on the right track to begin with.