View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Unhappy Had a Beer with Hubby

Okay, I really had three. I'm not beating myself up about this because it is all about CHANGE. But I would love some coping advice. I am a self-proclaimed pig, love all food and drink. I have a background in foods and nutrition and for 20 years I have been on the low-fat bandwagon, funny that it never worked for me!!! I've shelled out major $$ to weightwatchers over the years. Finally, Consumer Reports did an article about dieting (very, very interesting) which gave me hope. They discussed Dr. Atkins approach in their article with a "hmmm, maybe he's on to something" and proclaimed it safe. So, finally, I decided to give it a whirl 10 days ago and here I am. Tons of energy, and nil cravings. The problem I have is habit - my DH and I work together in our own business. On Fridays we have traditionally had a couple of drinks together to wind down and discuss the weeks' happenings. We've done this for years. I knew this was coming. I had Diet, caffeine-free Coke on hand. But I chose the lovely cold beer offered to me. My DH has been pretty supportive of this, I was a little ticked as I had told him that wine was a little more acceptable than beer, but beer is what he brought home. Any ideas to give me enough strength to say "no" next Friday?? I love this program and feel I can finally be successful. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links