View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 06:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

I understand too, Julie, I really do. Those comfort foods are just a habit- you turn to them when stressed without even thinking about it. And carbs ARE addictive to some people- the more you have, the more you want.

Julie, just STOP. That's all, just stop. Right now. Don't eat another high carb bite! Don't beat yourself up either with guilt about what you have done. Listen gal, we all have choices- everything we do is a choice. Stop thinking of yourself as a victim, and just accept that you made a bad choice. Now make a good choice, and go back on induction. You made a very good choice when you posted here- you recognized the problem and were willing to do something about it.

I don't know where you are with spirituality, but prayer helps me. I have a tendency to feel a little embarrassed to pray for help with something that I worry may seem trivial to my Higher Power, but it is OK, and He will listen and give you strength.

On the practical side, start glugging down that water again- you will feel too full to stuff in bread. And remember that once you are solidly back in ketosis, get the carbs out of your system and get back in a fat burning mode, the hunger and the cravings will stop.

Here is something that may help you, as it has helped many others. Have you heard of Overeaters Anonymous? It is a twelve step program like AA that recognizes that overeating is an addiction and uses the 12 steps of AA to combat the problem.
Here is a good website on that approach: http://recovery.hiwaay.net/trg.html

For now, spend some time on the net if you can, and read some success stories to brace yourself up. We'll be here for you. You can do it!

Big Hugs,
Kat