#2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 06:00
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Comfort Foods & Emotional Eating

julie, it sounds like you are having trouble with emotional eating... I know all about it, as it is how I got to my original state of being overweight. Some foods are just *comfort* to us, for some reason or another, and in moments of stress it is those foods that we reach for without thinking about the consequences. You have a lot going on in your life, and it seems to be happening all at once. I know what it is like to be the only LCer in a household... in fact our son has to eat food choices that are entirely detrimental to my LC w/o/e, in order to keep his weight up and to gain it! Sit back and look at the whole picture,so to speak... ask yourself...is eating this going to taste as good as losing the weight feels? and Is this worth eating and maybe turning my weight loss topsy turvy?Gaining it all back?
Get out of the kitchen when you are stressing... beat a pillow, engage in a physical activity... know it is a body's natural instinct to want to store up fat for the winter months, and especially if you are a female,which you are... and stay away from where those foods are... if/when you do fall off the LC wagon, don't beat yourself in the gob about it... just pick yourself up, dust yourself off., and go back to the w/o/e where you know you are losing again... you must have done something right or else you would not have lost the original pounds! I hope that I may have helped some... feel free to add me as a buddy and pm me~ I will help as I can~ I know what it is like to be in your shoes...
and many others here as well... know that we are here for you and want you to be successful~ g' luck~ and God bless~