Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default say what?

Quote:
It just seems that some people are on the Dr. Atkins payroll sometimes

Maybe the reason that some of these ppl of whom you speak, are enthusiastic about the first diet in their lives, that they are able to be on and lose some extra weight where all the other ones have failed....
Maybe it is because they have done the count every little gram of fat or protein or carb, religiously wrote down every calorie and morsel put into their mouth with no change in their weight, or worse yet... gaining weight.They find this diet, and for the first time in some of their lives, do NOT have to write down every morsel,and count everything nutritionally speaking that goes into their mouths.
Maybe it is because they have suffered physically different ailments, or been in pain for who knows how long, and LC'ing on Atkins is the only diet that has slowed down or sometimes even eliminated those physical ailments.
As far as not getting an answer to your questions,or other newbies getting answers... yes, it happens sometimes. I have heard that reply,... but in searching for answers, there is a WEALTH of information on this site!!! I mean there are thousands and thousands of questions and answers to those questions here...
Quote:
They have no clue as to what/why/where/how the diet works, nor nutritional values, supplements or vitamins they are suppose to take. This is a VERY serious diet to be on. Many people miss the fact that Dr Atkin's himself recommends people have a complete check up BEFORE they start the diet.

WHat agonycat said is SO TRUE... I was watching on infomercial about the Atkins diet,and it was talking about how your body has became accustomed to the WRONG way of metabolizing food and how the liver,pancreas,kidneys...so on and so forth,ALL these body parts literally CHANGE the way that they are functioning... and one needs to know what they are doing.
The ppl who are moderators and higher up, have been on this program or some way of LCing and speak from expertise, and sometimes they may NOT have the answer that you are seeking... that is why the search engine comes in so handy...
And as you said... I don't mean to offend with my post either... but I had to say something about the only diet I have been on at my weight, where I am allowed to eat as much as I have and STILL lose 14# in a week's time! And look at it from those who have been here for awhile's point of view... at least they would rather point you in the right direction, than misdirect... not saying that is done intentionally or anything like that, but no one person has all the answers~ Hope you are successful on your weight loss~