Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/154/140
BF:
Progress: 30%
Question How much fat?

Hi,
This is my 4th attempt at Atkins. I really want to make it work this time. My question: How much fat should I eat? Dr. Atkins says in his book that we should eat liberal amounts of fat, but how much is it. He also says that is is fat to proteing ratio, not protein to carb ratio that counts. I think that I was eating too much fat and thus too much calories that is why I couldn't loose. When I stoped eating added fat, just what is in meat or eggs naturally I started loosing weight. My keto stix was purple but that is probably because I was eating so much fat. I do agree the stix are useless!!! Here is how much fat I was eating:

Breakfast- 2 scrumbled eggs, 2 tbsp butter, 3 strips bacon
Lunch/dinner - salad, meat (sometimes fried in olive oil), 3-4
servings of no carb ranch dressing
Snacks - sliced deli meat or egg with couple of tbsp mayo.

Was I eating too much fat thus tooo much calories. Since I stopped eating all that fat (added fat) I can see daily progress in inches. But I also stopped eating my salads. So it is either too much fat, too much calories, or I was very sensitive to carbs and had to eliminate them alltogether. How to figure out what went wrong? I can't just eat meat, fish and eggs!!! Please help!!!
Sponsored Links