View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 11:46

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 381/239.8/160 Male 5 ft 6.25 inches
BF:61%/38.4%/25.6%
Progress: 64%
Default What a load!

cre8tivgrl - I sympathize with your posting, but I think it's time for us successful low-carbers to start doing our part to change these misconceptions. Low carb just makes sense. You SHOULD have spoken out!!!

However, I think that low carb is not for everyone. I have been reading the Eat Right 4 Your Type book, and I think the theory has plausibility, although I think there's still work that needs to be done to flesh it out. I THINK I am a Type O (my mom's O negative), and if I am, it would explain why a low carb diet works, why I struggled with low-calorie diets and a low fat diet... well, I went on one once and GAINED 25 pounds in 6 weeks with heavy exercise (and that wasn't muscle gain). However, a lot of people don't do well on a low carb diet. A lot of Type A people don't do well on it, but do on Weight Watchers. Now, I also know that there are people with Type A blood that have been doing great on a low carb diet (Natrushka, for one, from the postings I've seen), and that's why I think the theory needs to be refined. The diet also suggests that Type O's don't do well with cauliflower, but I eat it often and I have noticed no metabolic problems. Still, it makes some sense, at least in a pseudo-science kind of way.

Sandylee - I feel for your sister. She has probably read too much propaganda. I hope she can later view things with a more open mind. She may see a big difference!

As far as the article is concerned, the study doesn't take into account supplementation, which I strongly believe in AND need. If I go without a supplement, like potassium, magnesium or calcium, I immediately feel very run down. There is also no mention to water consumption. Water helps reduce the buildup of toxins. What a load!