View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 10:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/142.5/120
BF:
Progress: 22%

Okay, so maybe I add pork back to my diet. If my iron levels are down, I will seriously consider it. I have been missing ribs ever since I went off pork & beef (15+ years), so it would be a treat to have them again. When you say I don't need much, how much is that, actually? One serving 1x a week? 2x a week? Living in the city, I have access to a number of markets where I can buy organic pork, so that isn't a problem.

Really, I don't have anything against eating meat, it's just that I saw "Faces of Death" when I was in high school and I haven't been able to touch beef ever since. It's hard to be a responsible consumer sometimes, you know? There's only so much you can control. But this WOE is convincing me that during my past aspirations to go completely veg, my reluctance to give up poultry & fish & my longings for ribs had to be something other than a weak will. So I'm glad to have the counsel of some who's already been through all the various permutations of that dietary rollercoaster; for once in my life, I'm trying to benefit from the experience of others and not have to learn everything the hard way.
Thanks a lot!