View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 05:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/166.0/140 Female 5'9"/174cm
BF:30.4/30.4/25?
Progress: 32%

Doug,

Last time I checked, fast food restaurants either had a nutritional chart posted somewhere, or you could ask for one. But if people don't read and head, what's the point?

And I think Dr. Phil is 100% on target. Anyone with at least a small degree of awareness would know that fried foods are fattening (especially the low-fat, calorie-counting crowd), and it doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that larger portions equal more calories, fat, carbs, etc.

I also have 20+ years of smoking behind me (quit almost 2 years (and 20 lbs) ago). I lit my first one back in 1975 when I was 14. When I did that, I ALREADY knew, that smoking was bad for your health and I knew that cigarettes were addictive (I just thought that I would not be effected). It was a stupid choice, but I made the choice to smoke that first one - and I continued to make the same stupic choice each and every time I lit one. I did that, nobody made me. If I turned around and said it was the tobacco industry's fault, I'd also be saying that I am unwilling to educate myself, unable to make decisions (right or wrong), am not responsible for my actions, and so gullible, I believe anything.

Next we'll be suing ice creme producers, candy makers, beer brewers, our parents, our neighbors, teachers, schools, etc. etc, etc, because it's always someone elses fault (actually, it's already happening).

Lawsuits like this just feed this - what seems to be the new American way of life - many don't seem to want to be accountable any more and the system rewards this through law suits like these - and by the unreasonable high awards that are often granted in even legitimate suits. I think Dr. Phil called that the "litigation lottery".

And now I've wasted too much time on this computer here again - should be dressed by now. I think I'll go sue Dell.