View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 18:49

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Lightbulb Yes.. responsibility..and wishing to give answrs

But I have been realizing more and more just how much people are not ready, or do not want to listen to the message.

To do LC in any form you have to take responsibility for KNOWING there are foods out there that you just can't eat alot of. To take responsibility for your health, you have to take the responsibility to ignore the numbers and know that each bite you put in your mouth is a change to change your metabolism and your body's responses to food.

Many are just not ready for that. I was just in the chat room I like to frequent on aol, and listening to people I have talked to for months. THEY ARE ALL DIABETICS!! Two of them the FIRST type II in their family. They for two days now have talked about being scared about the complications of this disease..but when I mention there are answers out there.. THEY IGNORE THEM!
Even my father who is ready to SOME degree is not ready to let go of the party line given us for the last 20-30 years of Low fat eating.

Today I had one of those upsetting instances at work. There are a couple of women I watch daily putting sweets, and manufactured foods in their mouths ALL DAY LONG! They are about 10 years older than I am and WHAT I WILL BE if I stop taking care of myself the way I have been working on.
I haven't pushed this on them, but if someone asks.. YES I get very very excited about it!

The one lady is a very obnoxious loud sort of person that actually was hired on originally as Marriott and not Ritz Carlton. She knew I had been reading one of Atkins books for information.
She of course could NOT WAIT TODAY to tell me that he had a heart attack, and of course They all jumped in with..WELL YEAH>.its all that FAT he eats.. and of course they would not and did not know the facts of what that was about.

I said that it was my firm belief that we needed to get back to what we were eating like in general a century ago.. if you had a farm ect. She said.. BUT they ATE JUNK!
This woman was stuffing cheetos in her mouth as fast as she could. I told her about my great grandfather that was healthy tall and sexy all his 90+ years of his life eating .. all this high fat food.
And tht her mother probably ate more like that than not.
She got SO MAD.. which in turn ticked me off. SHE STARTED with rudeness and intending to make me feel badly for low carbing and not eating her junk food, but she made me MORE determined than ever to GET HEALTHY and STAY HEALTHY!
.. *** whew****
And she of course will start everyone on the diet of the week next week or the next.. something truly awful and having NOTHING to do with nutrition and what is good for you.
Personal responsibility..she doesn't want it.. and she doesn't like it that I am trying.
Poofie!