View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 08:49

Plan: self-designed
Stats: 216/189/190 Male tad under 6'
BF:
Progress: 104%

For the past 12 months I have been following the lowcarb diet but not strictly owing to social commitment and pressure but I never deviate for long. When on the diet I try to eliminate all carbs but it is not easy to do so. My intake of protein (red meats, cheeses, eggs, and cream mostly) is around that which is recommended; about 1 to 1.5gs per kilo of body weight. Fats are restricted to saturated and is around three times that for protein which, in addition to other benefits, addresses the acidity caused by the protein. To lose weight I tweak the protein/fat ratio. Occasionally, I take a little fruit but never vegetables. I try, whenever possible, not to eat grain products nor anything containing sugar (except fresh fruit), also polyunsaturated or hydrogenated fats, and avoid soy products. I guess my one weakness is chocolate which I try to confine to dark chocolate. Over the past 12 months on this diet I have returned to my normal weight with all its health benefits. Whenever I deviate from the diet, I usually suffer side-effects from doing so. My wife too appreciates the benefits gained and insists that I remain on it. Dieting has become a way of life. I guess I maintain it for about 75% of time.