#19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 14:19
I'm a real Loser!

Plan: You:on a Diet
Stats: 325/298/200 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Parchment paper

I also use parchment paper. The funny thing is I thought I was being original by doing this in the microwave. BTW, I mostly by a big bag of cubed cheddar. That way when I want a snack, I just rip off a piece of parchment paper. Then I drop eight cubes on the paper on a microwave safe plate then into the microwave. Less than two minutes I have a crunchy snack with about 200 calories and about 1 carb.

I originally saw this on Low Carb and Loving It on Food Network. George Stella used sliced real american cheese and cheddar on parchment paper in 350 oven for about 7 minutes. He also did pepperoni in the oven to make crispy pepperoni. I tried these and it was too hard to get them right so tried the microwave. It gave different results but quicker,easier and more consistant. The pepperoni and hard salami works great in the microwave too.

If anyone is having trouble finding parchment paper like I did, try Walmart. You can find it in the Crafts section for wedding cakes. I'm from the country so I know it is hard to find things sometimes. And yes there is a diffence between waxed paper and parchment paper. Waxed paper won't work.

Later,

KC

PS Try some seasoning on the cheese before you cook it, ie garlic powder,lemon pepper,roasted red pepper. Just watch it with salt. Cheese tends to be salty already.