View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 14:11

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question Am I doing this right? Questions about fruit

I recently read an article that extreme low carb dieting can be problematic with a low thyroid function, which I suffer from. I have been wondering for a while why when I adhere to my low carb/moderate protein approach and I lose weight at a snail’s pace (less than ½ pound a week with moderate exercise and absolutely NO cheating), however it is better than the NO WEIGHT I lose when adhering to a low fat diet.

Anyway I decided to go towards a more Paleo approach for the next few months and I wanted to know if I am doing this correctly, especially with the fruit. I have read the book a while back and I think I might have missed something along the way.

My daily meal looks something like this:

1 piece of low GI raw fruit
1 or more cups of veggies, usually raw or lightly steamed
5-8 oz of meat, just about any kind and fish at least 3 times a week
2-3 tbsp of a good oil to cook or use as a condiment

I am not using any dairy nor any grains. I want to completely eliminate them for a while. I am also taking a fiber supplement that I found at a Mexican specialty store that has flaxseed, senna and cactus which I am using twice a day, about 2 tsps.

I take the basic 3 Atkins vitamins and the essential oils twice a day. I also take a liquid supplement to help with mineral intake.

Does this look right? Should I add something? Remember I am trying to lose weight as well as feel better. Right now I do feel better but I get hungry more often than with an Atkins/PP approach, and sometimes in the evening I feel like I am going to fall asleep right in my chair, which actually is not always bad because I had trouble sleeping on Atkins.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links