View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: Kaufman, Atkins
Stats: 142/130/110
BF:22% or so
Progress: 38%

Looks like you've done your homework in the nutrition department!

Question--you seem to be into the type of exercise that I like--as far as energy is concerned I notice that I need to strike this balance concerning foods that isn't exactly what most people on here experience.

For instance yesterday was a high energy day for exercise. What I ended up eating early in the day was not high protein--but it was not high carb either. A cafeteria's offering of small dishes--a spinach salad (a little cheese was in it and oil), green beans with a little ham, and a cucumber salad with tomatoes, onions in a dressing that probably had a little sugar--and tea with sweetener.
I exercised after that very successfully--that pleasant buzz afterward and all. Then at dinner I had all protein mostly, organic chicken salad, non-sweet coleslaw, and pork rinds.

Today though I had heavy protein at lunch (more chicken salad, porkrinds, cheese, and a little salami--Nooo energy!! At least not for any real exercise. My potassium bottoms out easily so I drank some v8 and took a low dose supplement--but of course that takes time to help.

My thinking is maybe stick to low carb veggies for day and protein at night. Any thoughts?

Marj